The position is mainly responsible to coordinate external and internal communication flow, manage social media handles and SPO website, design and disseminate communication material for the field activities, build long term relationship with influencer and key stakeholders, prepare reports of project activities, and represent SPO at national and provincial level at meetings and forums for different programmatic activities.
Support to Program Unit
- Coordinate and develop external and internal communication flow (memos, newsletters, success stories, concept notes etc.)
- Design and develop communication materials such as brochures, community conversation maps, banners, event backdrops etc.
- Review communication materials in the field and incorporate the feedback of the respondents
- Plan and develop material for events, seminars and press conferences as per needs of the different projects
- Build long-term relationship with influencers and key stakeholders such as project beneficiaries, government officials, media personnel and SPO regional and headquarter teams
- Assist in drafting of TORs, concept, and script for video documentaries depicting success stories of project beneficiaries with excellent storytelling skills
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and bi-annual work plans and activity reports alongside an overall Communications work plan
- Facilitate selection/procurement of vendors and their management for all communication related project activities: advise in design and development of communication materials, tools and campaigns through a good reliable communication firm
- Provide support for finalizing TORs of project specific communication activity and ensure quality content development
- Support in editing donor narrative reports prior to submission
- Prepare and submit donor reports in time and meets all project deadlines
- Represent SPO at different forums as and when suggested by the supervisor
- Ensure high quality and timely production of deliverables
- Participate in presentations about the project to the donor and to other key stakeholders as required
- Suggest improvements to the guidelines and training materials in terms of community needs
- Provide guidance to program unit in recording quality testimonials for projects through use of smart phones
- Ensure support in assimilation of high resolution photographs
- Promote a positive public image and manage the dissemination of information on SPO’s behalf under the supervision of Head of Programme and Chief Executive
- Manage social media portal, website and other mediums of communications
- Manage internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Manage all SPO digital platforms for updating of news of new projects, events, case studies, alliances & collaborations etc
- Communicate with print and electronic media regularly and build rapport with key media and radio officials
- Maintain an updated donors list
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Develop/edit and submit: press releases, articles, newsletters, case studies, annual reports, marketing/advertising material
- Perform “damage control” in cases of bad publicity
- Strategies and documentation
- Develop effective communication strategies; for SPO and for projects
- Design and develop project focus communication campaigns including branding of projects, public service messages, banners, events branding, brochures and any other communication
- Develop and present SPO corporate and projects presentations for different audiences: current and potential donors and any other stakeholder
- Prepare SPO Annual Report
- Adhere to SPO policies and promote participatory culture and demonstrate SPO’s values
- Participate in professional development training as identified and approved by SPO
- Carry out any other activities as assigned by the supervisor
- Demonstrable experience of illustrated, analytical reports, info graphics and data presentation skills and content writing
- Strong English writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process will be automatically disqualified.
- Women and minority candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Ready to work immediately.
- SPO strongly prohibits Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), accordingly; candidate background and reference check will be conducted.
Digital Media Handling Skills Reporting Skills Communication Skills