- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone).
- Setting up accounts for new users.
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary.
- Setting up a computer LAN for a new outlet while providing a solution to IT matters concurrently.
- Verify the functionality of hardware and software components.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades.
- Setting up accounts for staff, educating them on logging in and resolving issues arising.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone.
- Knowledge of computer networking, LAN, and WLAN installation, configuration, troubleshooting.
Job Summary: IT support officers will be mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems, routers, switches, and the internet and ensure users get maximum benefits from them.
Additional Information: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not to apply.