The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war and disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home. IRC has been working in Pakistan for approximately 40 years, managing and delivering large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, safeguarding, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. With the support of the federal and provincial governments, and generous donors like GFFO, FCDO, ECHO, USAID, GAC and Australian Aid Agencies the IRC is currently implementing projects across the country.
Job Overview/Summary: With the supervision and guidance of the Sr. Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will be responsible for day-to-day data processing while keeping in line IRC policies ensuring that IRC Pakistan meet the compliance requirements of donors.
This position also requires close working relationship with Program, Logistics, Supply chain and Human resource units. This position may be relocated to Peshawar office as per need.
- Processing Bank transactions/journal vouchers, implement internal control procedures. Ensure that the Bank book is updated on daily basis.
- Review and check all bank/cash payments are in compliance with donor and IRC requirements.
- Support in implementation of Integra system, including clearance of outstanding balances in Balance sheet.
- Reconciliation between the SUN and Integra during transition period.
- Prepare Cash and bank payment documents with accurate coding as per policy and highlight any shortcomings in the documentation for rectification by the program.
- Ensure that invoice is supported with all supporting documents for donor’s verifications.
- After the completion of payment documentation and necessary approvals, the Finance Assistant will submit the documents to Sr. FM for further processing.
- Update the payment log register on regular basis.
- Check the cash reconciliations/cash count sheets on regular intervals.
- Checking field office upload sheets and voucher on monthly basis.
- Processing and finalizing the monthly/fortnightly transactions spreadsheets for onward posting to SUN accounting system. Ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is accurate and complete.
- Keeping an updated record of prepayments in respect to staff insurance, rents for all offices, and their monthly amortization.
- Ensure accurately filing, scanning, and label the documents of the project for easy access.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual reporting package on time for Sr. Finance manager review.
- Ensure proper and complete record is maintained for audit purpose.
Key Working Relationships: Position Reports to Sr. Finance Manager Position directly supervises: N/A
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration Finance, Commerce or MBA, M.Com.
2. Work Experience:
- Minimum 05 years of relevant experience with NGOs, INGOs especially with local govt.
3. Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to handle several tasks
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Can travel to project sites.
- Ability to work under stress and pressure Language Skills:
- Must be fluent in Urdu & English languages.
Others: The IRC Core Values and Commitments:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge they need to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
Level of interaction with children: Frequent direct contact with children
IRC ensures that its staff must actively practice the roles and responsibilities related to client responsiveness, accountability to people in affected communities and must have competencies to solicits and listens to feedback and other’s perspectives, responds to feedback with understanding and sensitivity and takes appropriate decisions and makes changes to behavior or actions in response to feedback.
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our interpersonal mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our interpersonal policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this dedication.
Women candidates and differently abled persons are highly encouraged to apply.