Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is responding to the ongoing flooding across Pakistan, which has already caused 1,300 people to lose their life and destroyed more than a million homes. IRC emergency response teams have been deployed to provide immediate assistance across Pakistan where more than 33 million people have been affected by the flooding.
Job Overview/Summary: International Rescue Committee (IRC) is implementing Flood Emergency Response Projects in partnership with other local organizations. The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of WASH Manager for flood response. In response to the flood 2022 in Pakistan, the IRC is implementing WASH program focused on emergency water, sanitation and hygiene services for flood-affected people and their families. The Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Manager will be responsible for technical and grant management of water, sanitation and hygiene project and activities, ensuring that activities are relevant, successfully implemented within the emergency response timeline.
- Manage Emergency WASH Projects, ensuring that all projects remain on track to achieve the intended outcomes, while also staying on budget and time. Take corrective action wherever necessary to maintain this performance.
- Manage and supervise staff according to standard IRC guidelines including performance management, job orientation, capacity building, support in recruitment process and grievance handling.
- Provide technical guidance, strategic leadership, and support to the emergency response projects.
- In consultation with the Head of Office, Response Coordinator, develop and maintain relationships with UN, NGOs, donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Regularly update 5W matrix and attend all WASH Sector coordination and working groups meetings.
- Represent IRC and the WASH sector in all internal and external meetings where relevant.
- Extensive knowledge to mobilize the community on Hygiene promotion and effectively guide the implementation team.
- Continuously monitor the WASH situation and performance while maintaining compliance with all government bodies and donors.
- With support of WASH Coordinator and Technical unit, develop IEC materials to promote positive and safe inclusive WASH practices.
- Work to achieve sustainable WASH outcomes for women, the poor, transgender, and persons living with disabilities (PLWDs).
- In collaboration with the MEAL unit organize assessments, design surveys and monitoring mechanism for project outcomes.
Key Working Relationships:
Direct Reporting: WASH Coordinator
Indirect Reporting: Sr. Response Coordinator, Sr. Project Manager Position directly supervises: Program Officers, Project/Field Engineers
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from HEC recognized University
b) Work Experience:
Minimum 5-7 years of management and implementation experience in Emergency WASH projects
c) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible, and able to handle pressure well.
- Experience facilitating technical training and workshops related to emergency response, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene promotion.
- Proven abilities in managing teams, monitoring staff performance, and providing technical support and coaching to field teams.
- Demonstrate analytical, project conceptual and planning skills.
- Profound cultural awareness and sound knowledge of WASH and public health issues
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate a team, to pursue and achieve outcomes.
- Previous experience in managing Emergency WASH programs.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills
- Water, Sanitation, hygiene promotion project planning and management experience
- Strong project management, planning, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Must be fluent in Urdu & English languages.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
Level of interaction with children: Less contact with children
IRC ensures that its staff must actively practice the roles and responsibilities related to client responsiveness, and accountability to people in affected communities and must have competencies to solicits and listens to feedback and other’s perspectives, responds to feedback with maturity and sensitivity and takes appropriate decisions and makes changes to behavior or actions in response to feedback.
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
- Job Type : Contract
- Industry : NGO & Non Profit
- Educational Specialization : Others
- Role / Designation : Emergency WASH Manager
- Last Date to Apply : 13/02/2023
- Salary : Your starting salary is negotiable depending on your skills and experience.
- Requirements : Emergency Response WASH Development Manage Team
- Apply Online